8/20/2007

Chinese bike talk review

So the talk went great. Maybe 40 people or so, maybe half from the mountaineers club and the other half from various bike clubs and friends in town. Lots of good questions. Lots of experienced travelers in the audience. It was really fun. Big thanks to everyone who came out and to the Los Alamos Mountaineers for hosting me.

Me going blah blah blah

click for big


The talk was in the historic fuller lodge, one of the few buildings still standing from before Los Alamos became the lab.

the heads of formerly living creatures decorating the wall

click for big

It was probably one of the hottest evenings of the year. But despite the heat, I blah blahed along for about an hour. I feel pretty good about it. I answered almost all the questions pretty well. I should have a resources post later this week with some links for people who are interested in the things I talked about.

Blah blah blah redux

click for big

So I have a real smooth 1 hour talk about chinese bikes with some photos and info on hiking tiger leaping gorge. If you want me to come on by and give the talk to your group or club, send me and email "tas :at: Tariksaleh :dot: com" and we can talk about it.

2 comments:

Chad said...

One day, I hope to finally hear the talk. But the question of the day is this: why is your name not in the results for the Pajarito Punishment?

Tarik Saleh said...

Well Chad, I was signed up for the race. But some sort of sickness manifested itself saturday morning. I probably could have faked a 1-2 hour race, but 4 hours or so would have been pretty ugly. So I slept in. It was a good decision.