11/20/2012

Belgian Working Cyclists

Grumpy ones at that.

Cops and post cyclists:

Post Bike and Copcycles

I was in Ghent a couple weeks back and happened upon some excellent working cyclists.

This postcyclist graciously let me take her picture, but refused to even crack the hint of a smile. Check out those paniers.

Grumpy post cyclist

These two cops barely nodded in assent when I asked to take their photo, then they refused to actually look at me. This quashed my plan to see if I could trade them something for their awesome jackets. Cop on the left was busy lighting a cigarette, cop on the right was avoiding me.

Copcycles

If you like huge photo dumps (well labeled though), click over to my belgium flickr set. Lots of bikes on the street, cobbled climbs, bicycle bars and cyclocross to be found.

Not really a working cyclist, but I enjoyed watching the variety of child carrying bakfiets in use. The only thing that keeps you from getting run over by street cars is your own self preservation.

bakfiets and trolley

1 comment:

Desert Dirt said...

Cool photos. Gotta love Europe, but it's odd how it's not customary to flash a smile. Cheer up euros!