12/25/2012

The Tarik Saleh Bike Club 100 Challenge

Welcome to the Tarik Saleh Bike Club 100 mile bike challenge. There are three ways to meet the challenge.
1. Just ride your bike 100 miles from 12/24-12/31/12 and you have achieved the challenge.
2. Or just ride your bike every day from 12/24-12/31 and you also have achieved the challenge.
3. Or just try to ride your bike just a bit more than you might have otherwise and you have achieved it.
This may appear like another groups holiday challenge, but the TSBC is better and cheaper and infinitely more inclusive than anything they do. I have no roundel prize but I have pins.

I am going to try for all the three prongs of the challenge and will document it here! You can document it in the comments or wherever you want. If you want an achievement prize, I will send you a TSBC pin gratis, email me with what you did to do achieve the challenge and a valid mailing address and I will send a TSBC pin out to you. Remember, club rules are 1. Ride bikes, 2. Try not to be an ass. And in this case, at least ride a bit between Christmas eve and New Years and then tell me about it.

It has been kind of cold and snowy here and we have been slightly waylaid by stomach issues and holiday stuff, so I did not ride during daylight hours, but then just around dark this started happening.

Snow bike miracle

And then Elena and Aida and I went for a walk and then ate dinner, put Aida to bed, then did christmas prep, and then I snuck out for a ride.

Christmas eve pugs honking in some small amount of fresh snow.

Today, a mighty 3.5 miles at night on the pugsley in a combination of fresh snow, plowed slop, trails, sidewalks and interstitial neighborhood pathways. I felt like crap, but the trails were fun. It was around 30 degrees F and really humid for here, some sort of post storm inversion layer. It was good.

4 comments:

Andy D. said...

Nice to see your Pug out. I'll take you up on your challenge and document it on my blog. One caveat is that I didn't see your post until today, so no 12/24 ride for me. I'll make it up by riding one day longer.

Happy etc. to you and yours.

Tarik Saleh said...

Sweet, that's the spirit and more than acceptable substitution!

cyclotourist said...

Lucky for me I just happened to go for a spin on the 24th! Discovered a great new trail in the process. Must be some bonus-point to earn for that! A nice little bit of suburban mountainbiking this afternoon means I'm two for two!

Photo-documentation: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/sets/72157632340410460/with/8308034233/

Flahute said...

142.81 miles from 12/24-12/29 ... 244.13 miles from 12/21-12/29 ... and I didn't see this post until today.

Derailleurs were involved, however.