11/29/2007

Paper wrapped trishaw

I finally tagged and descripted all the honey moon photos on flickr, go here if you are bored

Some sort of art bike sitting in the lobby of our hotel in singapore. I have read about the trishaws in singapore, but never saw one in action, or at least a non icecream hawker trishaw. This was was pretty interesting.



Interesting rear hub and gear ratio, I suspect that is a really big drum brake, or maybe a 1950's rohloff prototype:


Nice fork crown amidst the paper art crap:

3 comments:

Marrock said...

It's giftwrapped for christmas, don't tell them what it is, you'll spoil the surprise.

Jin Aili said...

We rode in a pretty similar trishaw in Malaysia (Malacca). The guy pulling it was about as ancient and we felt terrible having him haul us and our bags to the bus station. Matt and I also rode in a more modern trishaw in Jogjakarta last year - did you ride in any in Indonesia?

Tarik Saleh said...

Alison,
No trishaw riding this trip, wwe did not see any that were actively looking for fares. I did ride one with a friend in Leshan when I was there a few years back. The driver probably weighed 120 soaking wet while we probably weighed 320 combined. We felt very bad, but we did have to get out and help him push up a hill. I think he was very embarrassed. We gave him a big tip, which embarrassed him further...