12/10/2006

Thus endeth the cross season,

Not with a bang, but with a whimper, with me sound asleep in bed. Ah yes, my hope for a five race season went up in flames as I was feeling like crap when I got up at 7:30 this am to get ready to go. I did not sleep well last night for some reason, some lingering cold, or aftereffects from my birthday dinner on thursday or something, so I went back to bed and awoke late in the morning.

A leisurely breakfast and some wood chopping left me feeling pretty good, so I did a little afternoon run in on the perimeter trail as a big snow storm hopped over the hills behind me. The last mile or so of my run was in a winter wonderland of swirly flurries as the sun set upon Los Alamos.

Looking back up from whence I came as the snow engulfs the foothills:


Ah well, I guess I am not 100% psyched to drive 2 hours to Albuquerque for a one hour race. Although today's race sounded like it would be great with a hill top banquet with the race coming by the eating area three times. Good job khsnm team on the series this year. Maybe I will be slightly more in the mood next fall...

1 comment:

Mark Bishop said...

Happy Birthday!