3/08/2008

That upper seatstay bridge boss?

Well thanks to Hasty(!), we now know what the upper seatstay boss is for on the big dummy


click for source.

Ingenious, cantilevers. whodathunkit. I am putting the same canti's on my Kogswell PR as we speak, I thought briefly about running them on the big dummy for fun, but was too lazy to burn through cable and housing just to get my barely part covered frame rolling...

Hasty posts a build list on his blog. Good stuff! Especially the crazy bottom pull deralier contortions in order to run a 52 tooth crankset.

I would say something like "wtf, Campy road triple?", but, uh, his bike is rolling and mine is still weeks away from something other than single speed no brakeville.

In my face. Scoreboard. etc...

Good job Hasty, you done kicked my arse. We will see if me or Sconnyboy mo babo gets the big rig running next, or eventually...

3 comments:

Hasty! said...

Yeah, I know... Campy Triple. Will probably be the only Big Dummy in the free world that's rolling on Campy. However, I wanted to dance with the ones that brung me... so to speak.

Parts in hand are much cheaper than ones at the bike shop. While that routing looks crazy, it works very well. I also have to give props to Bernie at Panther City Bikes here in FunkyTown for helping me brainstorm on some solutions. Some of my ideas get a bit complex at time, he has a way of helping me simplify them.

Michael Lemberger said...

Hooyeah, that's it! Thanks for the tip.

Mine's at the LYBS getting the headtube faced and the crown race cleaned up, but it'll come home to a waiting pile of parts early this week. Let the fun begin.

Antoine said...

I was quite taken with Hasty's canti solution too.
Campy smampy, it's got to be some sort of a crime to hide those lovely Paul brakes behind the xtracycle bags.