4/02/2008

An epic Mixed terrain ride in Marin

Last week I met up with JimG, Cylcofiend, ride leader Carlos and a Greg and Jeff at the foot of the GG bridge in San Francisco for a long day of many terrained riding. It was good. It started with a road loop around Mill Valley and then headed up over Mt Tam on Railroad Grade. We came down the back side of Mt Tam and over into Muir Beach, out across the headlands, Miwok trail to tennessee Valley and then back to sausalito for some donuts and then back on across the bridge to SF. What a great ride. I put in 58 miles on the fixie friday. It were good! The cue sheet is here for the locals, we bailed out at the tennessee valley trail head to go get some eats as we were pooped and Greg had a broken saddle rail.

We were a photo happy bunch, my arm photo-ing JimE and Carlos who are both taking photos as we ride out across the bridge



Stunning views of the bay and the city from Mt Tam. Cyclofiend snaps happy on the right of the image



Me up there on top of mount tam, west point inn picnic area



Me and JimG on Miwok trail



Post ride noshings donuts and egg sammiches, Carlos, JimG, Greg, Me



It was a good ride. I had met JimG once or twice circa 2000 via the bob list and had emailed cyclofiend a bunch and knew of Carlos, but it was a nice extended visit with some Bobs I knew virtually for a while.

It was a fun bike diversity ride, I was on the friday fixie folder, Jimg on his Fuji cross bike, Carlos on his rigid Habenero mtb bike, Cyclofiend on his A Homer Hilsen, Jeff on his Soma(?) and Greg on a rigid Cannondale Mtb.

I have suffered mightily on many an epic singlespeed race on the trails in Marin, but I think this was probably one of the more fun days I have had. The friday held up well, I got up almost everything on it. Downhills on a fixie with 20" wheels offroad was a bit hairy, but I am still here! Great stuff.

All my pikkys from this ride are here and photos from Jimg, cyclofiend and Carlos.

Finally all my SF trip pics including some other rides around the city are mostly labled and all uploaded here

1 comment:

jim g said...

Tarik, it was a most excellent pleasure -- looking forward to it again next time you're in town!